Submit Your Post
Welcome, Wild Traveller…
How to Pitch your Submission
- Email email@example.com with Submission Request in the subject heading, so we know to prioritise it.
- If this is your first submission, please tell us a little about yourself and add a link to your own blog if you have one. Again, you do not need to have a blog to contribute a post.
- If the post is not already published, you can pitch your idea to us beforehand so we can Ok it and you can then get to writing. If your post is already published on your own site, please include the link.
- Once approved, add your submission as an attached document, either in Pages, Word or via Google Docs.
- If you have used data, quotations, or other third-party content in your post please reference/attribute it to the source.
- All guest posts should be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors. We will review all submissions and edit for spelling/grammar. Installing the Grammarly app will help you with this (the free version is all you need).
- Images – Send high-quality images via Google Drive/Dropbox/other cloud option and we can resize accordingly, let us know which image you’d like as the featured image. Otherwise dimensions as follows: Horizontal image = approx 1040px wide; Vertical image = approx 600px wide; Featured image = approx 1900px wide. Preferably below 300kb in size. Images are best labeled in lower case letters with a dash, eg: atacama-desert-sunset. If you don’t have images we can source them. As previously noted, if the images are not yours, you must have permission to use them and attribute them to the source.
- Bio – Please include a short bio, a maximum of 60 words. For a thumbnail image of yourself, please include a link to your Gravatar profile (or make one if you don’t have one). Also include your website URL, the post URL if it is already published, and a list of your social media profiles so we can link to those.
- Post submission is not a guarantee of publication. Some submissions may no be suitable for our site. This doesn’t mean that the work isn’t good, but it just may not be the right fit.
What is expected of you After the Post is Published
- After the post is published, you are expected to share it on your social media profiles.
- Please respond to comments on the post, and be sure to keep it kind and respectful.
- It is expected that you do not submit the post to any other sites, other than your own where it was originally published. If you do so it may be removed from our site.
A huge thank you from the nethermost depths of our adventurous hearts for contributing to our travel hub!! It takes a Wild bunch of Independent Travellers to build our community.
Join our Community Travel Hub
Subscribe for Travel Inspiration, straight to your inbox